National Tire Safety Week 2020
By: Discount Tire
At Discount Tire, we want to make sure drivers across the country are safe on the road.
National Tire Safety Week is a campaign from the U.S. Tire Manufacturer’s Association (USTMA) to promote awareness and education for safe driving on healthy tires. Normally a springtime event, National Tire Safety Week has been postponed to August 31 through September 6, 2020.
Keeping with our tradition of safety, all Discount Tire locations will be providing complimentary tire air pressure checks along with our active promotions on new tires!
Here are our top five things to do before you venture out on your next road trip.
- First: check the air pressure and tread depth of your tires at least a month out and then immediately before a long trip. Summer heat can have a drastic effect on tire pressure. It's a little easier when your vehicle has TPMS, but tread depth is equally important.
- Second: check the age of your tires via the DOT tire ID on the sidewall. Tires begin to lose their elasticity and strength as they age, so we recommend replacing any tire that’s six years old or beyond.
- Third: make sure your spare tire is in good shape. This should go hand in hand with any roadside assistance plan.
- Fourth: don’t overload your vehicle! Check manufacturer specifications for your vehicle’s load-carrying capacity.
- Fifth: rotate your tires. Regular tire rotations every 6,000-8,000 miles will help you avoid irregular treadwear.
- Last: schedule an appointment to get your tires taken care of, and be sure to take advantage of our touchless service experience during National Tire Safety Week.
Ensure your next set of tires is a safe choice
Your choice of tires is the most important decision for staying safe on the road for the seasons and miles to come. But how will you know which tire is the right choice for you? Get the answer from treadwell.
With basic information about your vehicle and where you drive it, treadwell recommends tire options to keep you safe at the best price. Backed by years of test data on all popular brands, we can easily show you important safety aspects, including handling and wet and dry stopping distances, plus the tire life vs. its cost to help you make the right choice for your budget. Learn more and get your personalized recommendations from treadwell now.
Looking for more info on tire safety? Learn more now about keeping your tires safe on the road.
Happy Tire Safety Week!